Thursday, February 17, 2011

Office Supply Shopping


I recently needed some office supplies which I knew would take a little more thought to make sure I was buying only U.S. made products with an emphasis on locally made products and to buy used whenever possible.

I was in need of new toner cartridges for my printer. I didn’t want to purchase them brand new so I looked at some of the refill kits. I was told that it was kind of a messy process, so I decided to wait until I could see if I could locate someplace in the area who refilled old cartridges and only print what was absolutely necessary at school in the meantime. I had also intended to buy more file folders but once I saw they were manufactured in China, I decided to instead turn some of my older ones inside-out to be able to reuse them.

Upon leaving Staples, my attention went to a display for eco-friendly pens. IT seems that Pilot Pens is now marketing pens that are made of 89% recycled content. The B2P pens seemed like a good concept, so I purchased 2 for $3. They are not only made of recycled products, but the gel pens use refillable ink. An unexpected find, but something I felt good about. The website is: http://www.pilotpen.us/products/#anchor_b2p.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if there are Walgreens in Cambridge but they do refills there.

    ReplyDelete